Have you ever wondered what it would be like to break out of a real prison? Or, what it would be like to stand in a place where convicts sat for years at a time without daylight, running water or contact with the outside world? If you’ve ever thought about any of that, chances are pretty good you’ve thought about how you would escape from that prison. On August 31st, the Jefferson City Athletic Events Committee is going to give you that opportunity with the Prison Break! Racers will emerge from the prison's old baseball field and set out on a 4+ mile course that will test every facet of their athleticism. Breaking out of prison isn’t easy, and this course won’t be either. Expect the unexpected – hilly terrain combined with a slew of obstacles will be featured at every turn before the conclusion.
*No food or water is allowed inside the Missouri State Penitentiary.
- On-site registration: 7:00 am – 8:00 am
- Age Requirements: 18 years or older
- Participants must sign a waiver sheet, available in the MSP lobby.
- There will be a holding area for possessions (a gallon bag will be provided to put the possessions – names will be written on the bag and then transported to Prison Brews) – not responsible for lost items.
- The course will be marked and volunteers will be present.
- Water stations will be available throughout the course.
- The race ends at Prison Brews
- Prison Break t-shirts will be distributed
- Free slices of pizza available
- Awards and giveaways will be handed out
2Start: Department of Natural Resources, 1101 Riverside Dr.
Finish: Ellis-Porter Riverside Park
Course Map: coming soon
Course Length: approx. 2.5 miles
Over 15 obstacles along the course
Boys and Girls Ages 8 - 17 (now taking 7-year-olds)
All proceeds benefit the Jefferson City Parks and Recreation Youth Scholarship Fund and the Special Popluations Programs.